Tea Medical Benefits
Chamomile is an herb which is used to cure many health problems over centuries. It has two plants one is German (Matricaria recutita) and the other one belong to Roman (Chamaemelum nobile). This tea is made from fresh and dried flowers of chamomile. It has an ingredient known as bisabolol oil which has anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It is used for many years to treat a number of diseases due to its medicinal properties. As this tea is an herbal product, the chances of side effects are reduced to minimum. The preparation of this herb is also very easy and can be easily prepared at home. The medicinal use and benefits of Chamomile is huge and it can cure a number of daily faced issues like insomnia, muscle cramps, menstrual cramps, migraines etc. Apart from the daily issues Chamomile is also know for reducing the adverse effects of life threatening diseases like cancer diabetes etc.
Chamomile Tea Benefits:
- Remedy for sleep disorder - Chamomile is used for the remedy from sleep disorder like insomnia. It has relaxing and soothing properties. You can take Chamomile tea 30-45 minutes before bed for a sound sleep.
- Treats stomach disorders and improves digestion - Chamomile contains antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory constituents which is effective in treating variety of stomach problems. It is very much helpful in treating stomach and intestinal cramps. It comforts stomach aches, irritable bowel syndrome and promotes elimination. It also assists in digestion in combination with peppermint. You can take two cups daily to prevent these ailments. It also helps to relieve nausea, gastroenteritis or excessive gas.
- Helpful in menstrual cramps – You can use chamomile tea to treat premenstrual syndrome or menstrual cramps.
- Useful in migraines – Chamomile tea is used to cure migraines. You can take this tea when you have headache. You should take it before it gets severe.
- Treats wound and burns – Chamomile is used to treat wounds, burns and scrapes. Just add 3 tea bags to one cup of boiling water. When water cools, take a cloth and wet it in the tea. After that apply it to the wounded area. This will help a lot.
- Lighten skin tone - Chamomile is also used to lighten the skin tone. Boil two quarts of water with 2 chamomile tea bags and place your face above the steaming pot of chamomile tea. This will lighten your skin tone. Taking bath in water mixed with chamomile tea will also be beneficial.
- Remove dark circle -It also helps to relieve eye fatigue and dark circles around your eyes. Dip 2 tea bags in hot water and after 5 minutes remove tea bags. Place these tea bags after cooling on your eyes at night before sleeping.
- Fights cold – Chamomile helps to fight against cold because of its antibacterial properties.
- Prevent diabetes – Daily consumption of chamomile tea prevents the diabetic complication and studies are going on to find additional benefits in the treatment and management of diabetes.
- Prevent cancer -It has been observed that Chamomile has been useful in protection against different types of cancer cells. It is also helpful in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Chamomile also helps in anxiety, panic attack and muscle twitches. It also improves liver function and relieves back pain.